Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thesicilian.com. “The Sicilian”, “the Sicilian Deli” and “the Sicilian Delicatessen” are all trading names of a UK company called “THE SICILIAN 103 ROSENDALE LTD“, registered in the UK under company number 12171036.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitor contact us using one of the contact forms embedded in the site, in addition to the information they enter into the form we also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt into saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When you buy something from our online shop
When you buy something from our online shop we may collect:
- Financial data, how you have paid for your purchase;
- Contact details;
- Delivery / collection details;
- Profile details;
- Information about your online purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it);
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our websites and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites); and
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers).
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer accounts, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the smooth operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences regarding certain areas of the site.
You can block cookies by activating the option on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Advice on blocking cookies on a variety of popular browsers can be found here. Alternatively, if your browser is not listed, consult the ‘help’ section of your browser for instructions on how to block cookies.
Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access parts of our website.
Who we share your data with
We share you data, in anonymous form, with Google via our use of Google analytics cookies – click here for the Google Analytics terms.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place appropriate measures to inform our staff about how we collect, handle and keep information secure.
We have put in place measures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify relevant individuals and the Information Commissioner of a breach when we are legally required to do so.